Try Google's Search Engine

Google

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Update - My Whereabouts

Hello everyone!

Sorry it's been so long since I've posted to my blog. I've been very busy with my Uncle's surgeries and then my own.

My Uncle Ed has had 4 surgeries to date and they think he is good for years to come now. They didn't have to do the bypass surgery. Instead, they put regular and medicated stents in. He has a total of 7 stents now and should have no more blockages in his heart. I spent lots of hours with him in the hospital, I was the one who stayed 24/7 with him in case he needed anything and so he'd have family by his side. He is doing good now, he is still working, has an occasional pressure in his chest from time to time, but nothing like his heart attack. The doctors say due to the damage from the heart attack, he'll always have some kind of angina. He beat the MRSA staff infection for months, but it is back again now. I just found out 2 days ago the MRSA was back! Grrr! I hope he gets rid of it again, as it eats away at his body leaving painful boils all over him. He is doing good otherwise, I thank the Lord for that!

I had a laparascopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy on May 27th. They took out my cervix, uterus, right ovary and right fallopian tube. I was in the hospital 2 days. It was a very painful surgery and I had a few complications afterwards. I had a high fever and woke with my entire top lip covered in fever blisters and swollen. I had terrible gas pains and was unable to use the restroom for days and was so bloated. Felt like I was trying to pass razor blades the size of apples! Very painful! I went back to the dr a week after surgery and they ran tests and did a pelvic exam.. OUCH! Thankfully they didn't find anything seriously wrong, just bruised and extra sore from the surgery. They put me on antibiotics just in case and I felt better a few days later and was able to go back to my apartment FINALLY 10 days after surgery. I stayed with my brother and sister-in-law and she took care of me until I got to go home. I wouldn't have gotten through the surgery/recovery without her! I am forever grateful to her! It is now 12 days after the surgery and I'm finally on the mend! I believe the worst is behind me now.

Anyways, I just haven't posted in so long, have been so busy with life and family. I will try to come back soon and post again. Take Care all!

No comments: