Try Google's Search Engine

Google

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

My Sambam (Revised Sept 3rd)


Here's my pretty girl Sambam that I am so worried about.

An update on my precious girl. :( She's making a turn for the worse! She's started losing bladder control quite a bit now. She is having a hard time seeing and hearing who and where people are, including me. She barks and growls at others when they are standing around in the apartment and she can't tell who they are.

I fear she will be leaving me soon. I pray to God that she makes a miraculous recovery and stays with me a few more years. I love this little dog so much! She is so much a part of me and a part of my dearly departed Mother that I just don't know what I would do without her around.

I sit here revising this post crying and feeling so empty and alone already just thinking about living live without my sweet little Sambam. Please pray for her everyone! I know she's 17, but she still has a few years left in her, I just know it. She doesn't seem to be in any pain from her arthritis like she did years ago. So she's not really suffering except from this skin condition and allergies, the itching and scratching. If I could only get that under control, I think she'd do better with her bladder problems.

Sambam is in my lap and needing my attention, so I will end this revision now. I just gave her some Children's Liquid Benadryl, hopefully it will help with the itching. Thanks for listening everyone.

______________________________________________________

Her skin allergies have gotten so bad. She's totally bald on her underside and has lost patches of hair on her backside and legs. I gave her a bath today with a Relief shampoo and gave her some Children's Liquid Benadryl. I hope it will help her. I'm very worried about her. She is starting to get small cysts on her tummy and side. She had several removed about 5 years ago and one of her nipples removed, along with a toenail. She's getting very skinny and I fear it might be time I start deciding whether or not to have her put down.
I think she still has a few years left in her, if I could just get this skin infection under control. But I don't have the money to take her to the vet, and you know they won't help for free.

I just wanted to share her with everyone, because she is so special to me. She was my Mother's dog. I had her on and off throughout the years, particularly when I lived in Reno, NV. But I had to have her flown home because my boyfriend at the time started hitting her and being mean to her and wouldn't let me feed her the proper food she needed, which was canned food since she has some missing teeth and her others are so sensitive. She has gone through a lot through the years, she's my baby and when I lose her, it will be like losing a part of Mom again.

I hope you will all enjoy her picture, this was taken about 3 years ago. She is part miniature dachshund and part chihuahua. Mom named her Sam, said she was a spoiled brat like I was when I was a child. I call her Sambam or SamSam. She is 17 years old.

7 comments:

Magdalen Islands said...

She is so sweet Sammers. I was hoping you'd put a picture of her on so we could see what you see everyday.

Samantha said...

Thanks hon. I forgot I had a picture of her on this computer. I need to get a digital camera so that I can put Rosie's picture on here too.

Head Cookie said...

what a great dog. I wish you the best with her. Please check out the newest poem that I put in the poetry coffeehouse as well as on my blog.

Samantha said...

Thank you jadey. She seems to be doing a tad better today, thankfully. I worry so much about her. She means the world to me!

I have never been to the poetry coffeehouse, so I will go check out your poem on your blog and leave you a comment there.

Thanks for visiting my dogdog. :)

Unknown said...

Nice picture of your dog; I hope everthing comes ok with your dog.
Sambam is a nice name for a dog

Samantha said...

Erik, thank you very much and thank you for your visit!

Sambam is so precious to me, but she is fading fast it seems. :(

She can't control her bladder much anymore and I fear it's getting close to "that time"! :(

She is having a harder than ever time seeing/hearing people and who/where they are now too.

She's fading so fast since the beginning of the summer. I will hate the day she leaves me or I have to give her up.

Head Cookie said...

Hi there Samantha,

I know that you love animals and I just posted a new article on my blog please check it out and if you know of any other bloggers that are animal lovers send to my blog to see what I posted so they can go to the site wonderful, wonderful place take care.