Try Google's Search Engine

Google

Friday, August 17, 2007

Ramblings

Sitting here bored, thought I'd ramble a bit.

My friend Remy and her daughter, Katie have left. I went out with Marlene last night for a few hours, got sick and came back home.

I spent the night with bad acid reflux, pain in stomach, couldn't get to sleep until around 4-5am. So...I missed my Therapist's appointment this morning at 8am. They are very strict on missing first appointments, so I hope I didn't mess that up. They say if you miss your first appointments your account will be closed and no further help given.

I went to the Parkside Psychiatric Hospital in person, where the Psychiatrist and Therapist's offices are and asked to be rescheduled. I was told to call and leave a message on voicemail for my Psychiatrist. They said she can reschedule me, if she feels I deserve it, after missing my first appointment with the Therapist. We shall see! The Therapist will be the one who does my medication management for the Effexor XR and Klonopin and anything else they might decide I need.

I think if I do lose them, I will still be okay though. I can just request Dr. Millar, my regular doctor, to prescribe the medications to me. But I think I need the one-on-one therapy for awhile. All won't be lost I guess though, if I am unable to get treatment with Parkside.

On to another subject...My dog Sambam has severe skin allergies and has lost alot of fur and her skin is very dry. Has been this way over a month now. I bought her some children's liquid Benadryl today and called her vet to see what the proper dosage for her should be. I gave it to her and she has been scratching less. I need to get some more Aveeno (Oatmeal and Oil) to give her a bath in every other day, to keep her skin moisturized. She's very scabby and bald right now, poor thing.

My other dog Rosie is doing fine, need to get her and Sambam some more Frontline Plus for fleas before they get bad again, it is overdue.

Will write more later...

6 comments:

Magdalen Islands said...

You go right ahead and ramble.

My Border Collie was allergic to flea bites and I got Advantage for her. Worked like a charm but not until after many years of suffering.

Hope your little Sambam gets better.

Magdalen Islands said...

Hi Samantha! I left you a comment but for some reason it didn't same. It was something about hoping your little dog becomes well again.

Samantha said...

Hi, it seems I've goofed playing with my settings. I was using moderate comments and now they're coming to me before being published by email. I'll try to figure out what's going on. But yours have been accepted and published. lol silly ole me!


Comment moderation has been enabled. All comments must be approved by the blog author.

That is what I have to fix! Sowwwy! I'll figure it out! ;)

Thanks for posting!

Samantha said...

Frontline Plus is the only thing that has helped keep the fleas off of Sambam. I've tried the Advantage but it didn't work as well. It all started out because the fleas got after her, just like your border collie. She has bad allergies anyways and when all that got infected from her chewing/biting/scratching, the allergies from the grass and everything else got in there and now she is a total mess. She's flea-free right now and has been the last month, but I can't get her skin back under control. I tried the medicated shampoos the veterinarian gave her sometime back when this happened, but it isn't doing the job. I have no money to get her the Frontline Plus and the Aveeno Oatmeal and Bath Oil, so I'm hoping the Benadryl will help for now. I have no baby oil, only lotions, or I'd make me a batch of oatmeal/oil stuff in the sink to soak her in.
She's a trooper though thankfully and doesn't seem to be scratching and quite as miserable now that I'm giving her children's benadryl.

Head Cookie said...

Well I hope that everything works out well for you and for you doggies take care Sam.

Samantha said...

thanks Gimme and Jadey for your posts on my lil dogdog. I've noticed she is losing a lot of weight too! :( I hope she's not dying on me, she is 17 yrs old after all. :( She was my mother's dog, Mom's last words to me were "Take Care of my Baby!!!" I have had her 7 years since her death and have done a good job up 'til now.